Already have a Username/Password for The Journal of Community Informatics?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published nor is it before another journal for consideration; or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor.
- All identifying author information has been removed from the submission file. This includes any author names, affiliations, and/or other identifying information.
- The author's name has been removed from the document's 'Properties', which in Microsoft Word is found in the 'File' menu.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, WordPerfect or equivalent Open Source document file format.
- All URL addresses in the text (e.g., http://pkp.ubc.ca) are activated and ready to click.
- Images are provided in .jpg, .bmp or .gif format.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); with figures and tables placed within the text, rather than at the end.
- A 100 word abstract and a short biography of the author has been prepared (but not included in the submission file).
- The text meets this journal's formatting requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines found in About the Journal.
- The Journal accepts up to three orders of headings. Indicate clearly the status of your heading by using a 16-point font for the Title of the article, 14-point font for the title of the section and 12-point font for the subtitle of the section, all in bold.
All material submitted to the Journal of Community Informatics is protected by and subject to the Creative Commons Public License "Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5". Subject to the following conditions, all material submitted to the Journal of Community Informatics may be freely copied, distributed, or displayed, or modified:
- Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
- Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to this one.
See the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License for complete details.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
The Journal of Community Informatics. ISSN: 1712-4441